Hot Words for Hot Guys
|How does your hero feel?|
How hot is your hero? It's all about how he's described. A well-written romance will convey a protagonist who's dependable, maybe a little unpredictable and dangerous, but definitely unforgettable.
Simple words are sometimes the best way to do that. Not all at once, mind you. But sprinkled throughout the encounters.
- Stoic...until she makes him laugh
- Mischievous...more to describe something about him rather than him; e.g. mischievous twinkle in his azure eyes.
If you think about it, these are words that describe someone you might like to actually meet.
Words to Avoid if you want to be taken seriously:
- Long...and you know exactly what I mean
- Courageous (the sentiment is good, the word sounds corny. Find another way to do it.)
- Insistent = creepy
- Recalcitrant...yeah, it's a mouthful and not the kind readers want to read
- Evasive...sounds like a liar; the idea of elusive would be better
Who are your heroes? And what words describe them?
See how I describe Zubis in The Genie Ignites
101 Nights: To Have and To Hold coming soon from Boroughs Publishing Group