From the writing desk of Christine Mazurk
Why do I like The Voice? I can think of several reasons:
1. The blind auditions. The coaches turn solely for the person's voice. They have no idea what the singer looks like, so it is based on can they sing or not.
2. The rounds. This has to be the toughest part for the coaches, because they have to pit two of their contestants against each other and choose who stays and who goes.
3. The save. When two outstanding performers compete against each other, and the coach can only choose one, another coach has the opportunity to save the other singer, giving them another chance to shine with a different mentor.
4. America votes. Once the rounds are done and the saves have been used, the singers compete for America's votes. Does America always get it right? Not necessarily, but that's part of the fun of watching the show. My husband and I have our favorites, and we watch to see if America saves them. So far this season, we've been spot on!
This week, two more went home, leaving the three finalists, who will compete for the win next week. Team Blake has two in the finals; The Swon Brothers and Danielle Bradbery, and Team Usher has one, Michelle Chamuel. In our opinion, America got it right. They are all fantastic and will go on to have careers in music, but we think it's going to be a close race between Michelle Chamuel and The Swon Brothers!
We'll have to see if we're right ... waiting for next week is the worst.
5. The Coaches. Adam, Shakira, Usher, and Blake - love them!!! The four of them are great. They goof with each other, poke fun at one another, but there is no Diva-ing among them. They're honest, funny, supportive, and they care about their teams. Watching them coach their singers is like sitting in the studio with them. They give advice to help the singers shine, grow professionally, and stand out among the others. What an fascinating experience for the singers.
What I don't like: that the season ends next week, and I have to wait until the next season begins.
So, who will it be? Team Blake? Team Usher? The Swon Brothers? Danielle Bradbery? Michelle Chamuel? My pick: (1) Michelle (2) The Swon Brothers and (3) Danielle.
Who do you pick?