Happy Thanksgiving! Giving thanks ...
from the writing desk of Christine Mazurk
Thanksgiving is tomorrow, so I thought I'd post some of the things I've been thankful for this year. I've always felt blessed, but this year has been an extremely good year with happenings, big and small, that make my heart sing.
Since the year consists of twelve months, I'll limit my post to twelve, although I could probably post an endless list.
I'm thankful for:
1. My husband! The love of my life, my best friend, my biggest fan. Thinking of the love we share, the time we spend together, our passions - which consist of most outdoor activities - always brings a smile to my face, and sets the butterflies dancing in my belly.
2. My son and DIL. I'm so happy they found each other. They balance one another, they share an active lifestyle, and through their love, they produced our ...
3. Granddaughter. A beautiful bundle of love with lots of dark hair and big, blue eyes. The 'picture of the day' we receive allows us to witness our smart and active baby girl grow, Because she lives in a different state, the pictures are our way of staying connected in between face-to-face visits.
4. My Sisters of Spirit. Co-authors in our anthology, Sisters Of Spirit. We share a passion for writing and telling stories, but it's the unconditional love and unwavering support we share that is so special.
5. Family and friends. All of the people in my life who helped weave the tapestry of my growth as a person. Each individual has added an element of love and laughter that I cherish on a daily basis.
6. My fans. To all who have purchased my books, given feedback - including the fabulous five-star reviews, and asked for more stories, thank you for your support and love.
7. The Boo-heads. Tango, the Christmas present from heaven, and her adopted brother, Samba, for all the love and laughter they bring into our lives. By day, they are my writing assistants, keeping me company as I write that next book, and by night, they are my cuddle buddies, sharing warmth and heart-melting love.
8. My agent and publishers. For falling in love with my stories and believing they would sell. They helped me realize my dream of becoming a published author and validated my choice to make writing my full-time career after twenty-five years in retail.
9. The ability to create characters and stories to share with the world. I love that my characters speak to me. Call me crazy, but it's true. They play out scenes like a movie in my head, and I use words to paint their actions. In Passion's Race, something wonderful occurs as the team shares Thanksgiving dinner. If you haven't read it, pick up a copy, because the team's Thanksgiving tradition continues in Passion's Spirit, which is coming soon!
10. Fellow authors, many of whom are good friends, for writing stories I get lost in.
11. Musicians. The talented artists who bring music to life. Songs filled with emotion that I write to every day.
12. Life. I've lived through hurricanes and earthquakes, pushed my body to the limits in tough endurance races, and traveled the world, but this year my husband and I experienced two events I hope never to experience again - the loss of pressure on a flight that had to make an emergency landing and sitting through a tornado in the jeep - I prayed and prayed, and I'm more than thankful that we survived. We're alive to experience another day, and trust me, I appreciate every second we have.
What about you? What are you giving thanks for this year? I invite you to share your list in the comment section below.
Wishing you a warm and festive day. Happy Thanksgiving!